2003:1720 - Bank Place/Chapel Lane, Cashel, Tipperary

NMI Burial Excavation Records

County: Tipperary Site name: Bank Place/Chapel Lane, Cashel

Sites and Monuments Record No.: N/A Licence number: 03E0456

Author: Stuart D. Elder, for Mary Henry Archaeological Services Ltd, 17 Staunton Row, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary.

Site type: No archaeological significance

ITM: E 607624m, N 640604m

Latitude, Longitude (decimal degrees): 52.516757, -7.887675

Monitoring of cable-duct laying for the ESB was undertaken along Bank Place and Chapel Lane, Cashel, to facilitate the provision of an electricity supply to an apartment complex being constructed on Chapel Lane. A trench was excavated east-west along Bank Place by JCB to a depth of c. 0.65m, which revealed a stratigraphy of previous tarmacadam road surfaces, gravel chippings, humic soil and boulder clay, of varying depths. A stone culvert was noted in the southern section of the trench, which remains in situ. Nothing of archaeological significance was noted.